I've decided this is one of the greatest things it the world. I remember all through Elementary School getting so excited when my class started to do St. Patrick's Day crafts (I got really good at drawing shamrocks) and reading books about Ireland and potatoes (everyone knows that Ireland and potatoes are infallibly connected) because the fact that St. Patrick's day was coming also meant another day was coming...my birthday! I've decided that having this day as my birthday is great because of three things:
#1 - It's a holiday in Spring - a wonderful time for a holiday in the first place.
#2 - This holiday hasn't been commercially taken over, so it's not overrun by traditions and decorations.
#3 - It's a holiday, so the date sticks in people's minds, and they only have to add one more detail of association (that it's my birthday) in order to remember me on that day.
So, in one week and five days, I wish you all a Happy St. Patty's Day, and a Happy My Birthday.
I think you should get a shirt that says: "Kiss me, I'm Irish!"
ReplyDeleteI concur with Allyson.
ReplyDeleteAnd, it's true! You have this magical St. Patrick's birthday, that people remember, int he glorious springtime.
I kind of feel similar - like May Day's almost a holiday. Okay, but not quite as great. And there's no real good excuses to kiss people on May Day. :)
having a birthday on a holiday like this one is great. If you had one on another holiday, like christmas, it would be a little different. I could imagine that they would steal each others thunder. But this one is really easy to remember, and only makes it cooler.
ReplyDelete