Maybe one day I'll learn to appreciate the art of the combined genres. Or maybe I'll just hold out until the next music style comes...opera + country?
September 10, 2010
Once upon a time...
I could choose to listen to one radio station if I wanted rap and another if I wanted to listen to pop. Nowadays, the two options have been taken away. Welcome to the music style of today - it starts out with a great melody and catchy tune and then goes into a fast-talking section. This latter section, by necessity of course, must be filled with poor grammar. My smile quickly turns into a scowl as the poor grammar falls coarsely on my grammar-trained English major/Editing ears like the bright gray sidewalk in front of the Marriott library rudely blinds eyes on a sunny day (still not sure if that analogy works). The listening populace of the radio station goes down one notch.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment