October 28, 2010

Some great things about the Study Abroad Office:

1. "Hey Kathryn, can you write up some culture scenarios about Ghana and Armenia?"
2. "Hey Kathryn, can you put together a brochure for this new program to GREECE?"
3. Repeat #2, inserting VIENNA, INDIA and CHINA for GREECE.
4. The stars in students' eyes when they turn in an application or post-application materials.
5. Helping a student figure out the best program for him/her.
6. An occasional "Kathryn? I didn't know you worked here! How do you get a cool job like this?!"
7. The little kids who came trick-or-treating around the Union Building. "Oooh - are you Frankenstein's Wife?" "Uh, no. I'm Sally. Duh!" "Oh...yeah....er....Oh! As in Nightmare Before Christmas." Sally's eyes roll.
8. The random questions about events in the Union building that I really don't know the answer to: "Can you tell me where the ___________ meeting is?" "Oh, I really don't know. I'm sorry." "Hm. That's too bad - I wanted some pizza!"
9. Writing up address labels for Denmark, Latvia, France, Spain and Sweden.
10. Opening up Campus Information Systems and having two tabs to choose from: the Employee tab and the Student tab.
11. Table-ing at random fairs at the Union like the Health and Wellness Fair. What does study abroad have to do with your health and wellness? According to my co-worker, Chris, "study abroad is good for the soul."
12. Knowing the behind-the-scenes preparation activities for the Korean Delegation's campus visit.

I love my job so far! Lots to learn, but it's all so great!


No comments:

Post a Comment