I would like to know whether you're as intrigued as I am that my current radio tastes alternate between the two following genres:
1. Christian Pop
2. Spanish, with a pretty strong nod to Mexican
I mean, how can you resist "you are my Li-i-i-ght" and "eres mas linda que la rosa"? No se.
In other news, I've been spending some quality time with the future Welfare Services missionary couples lately. Monday, I went with them on a tour of Welfare Square, and I spent all day Tuesday and Wednesday at the MTC. I felt extremely funny about being practically the only one under 50 eating in the cafeteria who was neither wearing a missionary badge nor had ever served a mission. On Wednesday, it was especially odd to see all of the new missionaries. At least I wasn't the only one who looked lost.
These were some major highlights of the adventure:
1. I got to drive a beautiful and new company car down to Provo both days.
2. I really enjoyed seeing all of the senior missionaries either take delight in or be completely befuddled by their new iPads. Actually, I mostly just enjoyed the senior missionaries themselves. How can anyone not enjoy New Zealand and Canadian accents and answering all kinds of questions about my fiance at lunch?
3. There really is an incredible spirit in the MTC--a feeling that convinced me that I'd be back sometime about 40 years down the road. With my companion. My eternal one. Maybe we'll go to Myanmar (I learned that it's pronounced without the 'r') and help the Myanmarians (?) build clean water wells. Maybe Mike will be a temple or mission president in Japan! We'll just have to see.
Mexican music is where it's at.
ReplyDeleteAND welfare square.