November 21, 2010

Thanksgiving Week, Day 1:

I am grateful for a guy who:

  • draws incredible Liberty Jail and shell-shaped Community of Christ temple pictures on a banner
  • likes to see plays with me
  • likes to sing with me
  • loves Sherlock Holmes as much as I do
  • can banter with and understand me like no one else
  • drives down from Bountiful in the snow to see me
  • discusses C. S. Lewis with me
  • likes Truman G. Madsen talks just as much as I do
  • listens to Josh Groban with me (albeit begrudgingly at times)
  • loves taking pictures even more than I do
  • takes much better pictures than I do
  • patiently teaches me how to take amazing pictures and lets me use his camera
  • loves all things London like I do
  • takes me out to eat Japanese food, cooks Japanese food for me, and teaches me how to make my favorite Japanese food
  • knows many of the same old movies I know
  • gets excited to take English classes
  • is one of the most attractive guys I've ever met
  • discusses gospel principles with me
  • teaches me how to be calm in stressful situations
  • loves his family like nothing else
  • gave me a blue box full of office supplies when I got a job
  • brings me quality gerber daisies out of the blue
  • reads Children's books with me
  • seems to be delighted with every new thing he learns about me
  • surprises me every day with something fun I didn't know about him
  • inspires me to do better
  • is usually more interested in talking to me than in eating his food
  • has more patience than anyone I know
  • and knows me better than anyone ever could.

Michael Wesley Olson, you're amazing.

1 comment:

  1. May I just say, that I've been rooting for you and Mike since London? He and I used to talk about you while you were off sniffing flowers and whatnot. He's been crazy about you for a while...I'm glad it's going so well!

    ReplyDelete